The 2021 Chevrolet Tahoe represents a complete overhaul (re-engineering and redesign) of the flagship SUV, and marks the first model year for the Tahoe nameplate
2021 Chevrolet Tahoe
The 2021 Chevrolet Tahoe represents a complete overhaul (re-engineering and redesign) of the flagship SUV, and marks the first model year for the Tahoe nameplate’s fifth generation.
Looking for a Tahoe? The restyled 2021 Chevy Tahoe is in stock and available for immediate delivery at Ron Westphal Chevrolet. Call our Customer Care Team at 630-898-9630 or visit us online.
The 2021 Chevrolet Tahoe has been redesigned to be the ultimate SUV – offering the most interior space of any SUV, exclusive technologies and features, and the best driving dynamics in the full-size segment. This was achieved through a complete transformation of Chevrolet’s full-size SUVs, combining the strongest aspects of its new full-size truck architecture with entirely new systems tailored to the needs of today’s SUV drivers and passengers.
“There are no vehicles like Tahoe and Suburban – which have starred in Hollywood movies, carried military heroes and world leaders, and helped create countless family memories,” said Barry Engle, executive vice president and president, General Motors North America. “We’ve taken what people love about these pioneering SUVs and made them even better – adding more room for people and cargo, more advanced technology and an unrivaled driving experience.”
The all-new 2021 Chevrolet Tahoe will still be offered as a full-size five-door SUV. An extended-length variant is available as the 2021 Chevrolet Suburban.
Models & Trims
The 2021 Chevrolet Tahoe is offered as a retail or fleet model, with the LS being the base model.
2021 Tahoe Retail & Fleet Models:
- 2WD (CC10706)
- 4WD (CK10706)
2021 Tahoe Retail & Fleet Trims:
- Commercial/Fleet (1FL)
- LS (1LS)
- LT (1LT)
- RST (1SP)
- Z71 (2Z7)
- Premier (1LZ)
- High Country (3LZ)
RST: Consistently strong response from Chevy Truck buyers encouraged designers to further emphasize the street-inspired character of the RST. The unique front fascia includes a black ice finish on the grille, while the interior includes RST-specific seats with stitching in a contrasting color. RST models include all LT content, plus black and black-chrome exterior trim, 22-inch wheels and more.
Z71: Chevy’s legendary off-road focused Z71 was a driving force in the design of the new SUVs, in terms of appearance and capability. Z71 now includes more unique visual and performance attributes than ever before. The Z71 front fascia not only signals ruggedness, it also has a higher approach angle to aid off-road capability. 4WD is standard and includes a two-speed transfer case and Hill Descent Control, along with 20-inch wheels, all-terrain tires, front skid plate and red tow hooks. Z71 features black and black-chrome exterior accents.
Premier: Focusing on premium equipment and technology, Premier adds features such as Magnetic Ride Control, navigation, an 8-inch-diagonal reconfigurable instrument cluster, premium Bose 10-speaker audio system, 12-way power vented and perforated front bucket seats, power releases for both rows of rear seats, heated steering wheel, Safety Alert Seat1, Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert¹, Rear Cross Traffic Alert1, Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning1, Front and Rear Park Assist1 and 20-inch wheels.
High Country: New for Tahoe and Suburban is Chevy Truck’s top-level model, customized with premium features. The design is highlighted by a unique grille with bronze accents and High Country badging. The interior includes High Country sill plates, seat embroidery, and expanded color and trim choices. High Country features the 6.2L V-8 engine with Magnetic Ride Control, 22-inch wheels with chrome inserts, and adds Rear Pedestrian Alert1, Head-Up Display, HD Surround Vision and the Rear Camera Mirror.1 Air Ride Adaptive Suspension and Adaptive Cruise Control1 are available.
The all-new 2021 Chevrolet Tahoe offers a total of nine exterior colors, four of which are new. The Tahoe also offers five interior color options and three different seat trims.
The 2021 Tahoe color options include:
- 9 Exterior Colors:
- Iridescent Pearl Tricoat1
- Satin Steel Metallic
- Summit White
- Shadow Gray Metallic
- Empire Beige Metallic
- Midnight Blue Metallic
- Graywood Metallic
- Cherry Red Tintcoat2
- 5 Interior Colors:
- Jet Black
- Dark Atmosphere w/ Ash Gray
- Jet Black w/ Victory Red
- Jet Black w/ Maple Sugar
- Jet Black w/ Mocha
- 1 – Iridescent Pearl Tricoat is an additional charge, and is not available on LS models.
- 2 – Cherry Red Tintcoat is an additional charge, and will have a late availability.
- Two seat options:
- A50 – Front high-back reclining bucket
- AZ3 – Front 40/20/40 reclining split-bench, and only available on LS models.
Exterior Design Highlights
- Standard LED headlamps and LED taillamps
- Active front grille shutters that close at certain times on the highway to enhance aerodynamics
- Dual exhaust on Premier and High Country (with gas engine)
- Nine exterior colors, including three all-new colors: Empire Beige Metallic, Cherry Bomb Tintcoat and Darkmoon Blue Metallic (some color choices will be premium options)
- Standard 18-inch wheels on LS and LT; 20-inch polished aluminum wheels on Premier, 20-inch wheels with all-terrain tires on Z71; and 22-inch wheels on RST and High Country
Interior Design Highlights
The all-new 2021 Chevrolet Tahoe interior has larger displays, more connectivity options and a new rear-seat media system designed to keep even the most tech-savvy family members satisfied throughout their road trips.
The Chevrolet infotainment system is the centerpiece and it leads major competitors with a large, 10-inch-diagonal color touchscreen. It’s one of five connected and configurable screens offered in the redesigned SUVs:
- Chevrolet infotainment system with a 10-inch-diagonal color touchscreen is standard
- An 8-inch-diagonal, configurable color instrument and information cluster is standard on Premier and High Country; a 4.2-inch-diagonal color driver information center is standard on LS, LT, RST and Z71
- A 15-inch diagonal Head-Up Display, not offered by competitors, with a 3 x 7-inch color display is standard on High Country and available on Premier
- An available rear-seat media package includes dual 12.6-inch-diagonal LCD touchscreens
The 2021 Chevrolet Tahoe has 30 safety and driver convenience technologies, just some of which include:
Available technologies include:
The 2021 Chevrolet Tahoe offers three engine choices:
- 5.3-Liter Ecotec3 L84 V8 (Gasoline) – Features variable valve-timing and direct injection, and produces an SAE-certified 355 horsepower / 265 kilowatts @ 5600 RPM with 383 pound-feet / 519 newton meters of torque @ 4100 RPM.
- 6.2-Liter Ecotec3 L87 V8 (Gasoline) – Features variable valve-timing and direct injection, and produces an SAE-certified 420 horsepower / 313 kilowatts @ 5600 RPM with 460 pound-feet / 623 newton meters of torque @ 4100 RPM.
- 3.0-Liter Duramax LM2 I6 (Diesel) – Features dual-overhead cams and direct injection, and produces a GM-estimated 277 horsepower / 207 kilowatts @ 3750 RPM with 460 pound-feet / 623 newton meters of torque @ 1500 RPM.
All three engines are paired with the GM Hydra-Matic 10L80 10-speed automatic and a 3.23 final drive ratio.
Ride And Handling Upgrades
Chevy calls the 2021 Tahoe’s suspension the “most advanced available suspension in the segment.”
Both the 2021 Tahoe and Suburban feature a newly developed chassis that integrates a longer wheelbase and independent multilink rear suspension. In addition, the all-new models offer the Air Ride Adaptive Suspension system and Magnetic Ride Control – not offered by any competitor – both of which deliver even greater body control.
“I think the most impressive aspect of the all-new Tahoe and Suburban is how well they handle,” said Herrick. “Despite being big, they offer responsive, confidence-inspiring handling that will change expectations for the full-size SUV driving experience.”
The independent multilink rear suspension fundamentally transforms the driving dynamics of the Tahoe and Suburban, allowing each rear wheel to handle road conditions separately to dramatically enhance ride quality, steering responsiveness and overall driver control, compared to the previous live axle design.
The 2021 Chevrolet Tahoe rides on the all-new T1 platform, otherwise known as GMT-T1 or T1XX. The T1 is a General Motors vehicle architecture designed for pickup trucks and body-on-frame SUVs. It is the same chassis the underpins the fourth-generation 2019 Chevrolet Silverado and fifth-gen 2021 Cadillac Escalade
The 2021 Chevrolet Tahoe will be assembled by GM USA at the GM Arlington plant in Arlington, Texas, USA.
Pricing on the 2021 Chevrolet Tahoe will be announced closer to the official launch later this year.
Chevrolet has confirmed that the 2021 Tahoe will go on sale midway through the 2020 calendar year.
The 2021 Tahoe made its debut on December 10th, 2019 alongside the larger 2021 Chevrolet Suburban during a special event in downtown Detroit.
We expect that the all-new, fifth-generation Chevrolet Tahoe will enter and remain in production for at least the 2021, 2022, and 2023 model years. The product will likely undergo a refresh after the 2023 model year.
Discuss the 2021 Chevrolet Tahoe in our Chevrolet forum.
Follow our coverage of Chevy Tahoe news.
Source: 2021 Chevrolet Tahoe