Chevrolet Malibu sales were flat in the first quarter of 2019, fairly good results given the ongoing change in consumer purchase dynamics toward crossovers, SUVs, and trucks. The bump in sales volume is most likely the result of rather high incentives. Now, in an effort to keep sales volumes on or above their current levels, a new Chevrolet discount reduces the price of select Malibu models by 19 percent during the month of April. In some cases, that figure equates to nearly $6,500 off the midsize sedan.
Ron Westphal is upping the bar by adding an additional discount to all Chevrolet models. Check out our Malibu models with discounts as high as 22.79% off MSRP on stock # N19080. That’s $7,912 off a car with a sticker price of $34,720. Call our Customer Care Team at 630-898-9630 for details. Search Inventory
Nationwide Chevrolet discounts on the Malibu are as follows:
- 2019 Malibu – 19% discount: 19 percent below MSRP (for current competitive owners) on most models when financing with GM Financial
- Example offer: $5,453 purchase cash + 1,044 price reduction below MSRP = $6,497 total discount
- 2019 Malibu $2,500 discount: $750 cash allowance + $1,750 customer cash = $2,500 total cash allowance when financing with GM Financial; this offer does not extended to L models
- 2019 Malibu finance offer: 0 percent APR for 72 months (interest-free) when financing with GM Financial
- 2018 Malibu – 18% discount: 18 percent below MSRP on most models when financing with GM Financial
- 2018 Malibu $2,500 discount: $2,500 customer cash when financing with GM Financial
- 2018 Malibu $500 discount and finance offer: $500 APR cash + 0 percent APR for 72 months (interest-free) when financing with GM Financial; this offer does not extend to L models
It’s also worth noting that the 18 percent below MSRP and the $2,500 discount on 2018 Malibu models is likely intended to clear out remaining inventory of pre-facelift, 2018 models.
For reference, here are the starting MSRPs for the 2018 Malibu and 2019 Malibu:
- L – $22,555
- LS – $24,195
- LT – $26,095
- Hybrid – $28,795
- Premier – $31,895
- L – $22,965
- LS – $24,095
- RS – $25,095
- LT – $27,495
- Hybrid – $29,095
- Premier – $32,695
What’s more, the 19 percent incentive for the 2019 Malibu only applies to owners of competitive vehicles. As such, it’s clearly a strategic approach by Chevrolet to gain conquest sales.
- Must take delivery by April 30, 2019.
- See dealer for details.
- Incentives for the United States of America, unless otherwise specified.
- Some customers may not qualify for this offer.
- Offer not available with special finance, lease, and some other offers.