Chevy Special Edition SUVs
DETROIT – Chevrolet announced it is expanding its popular special edition models to include the Equinox and Traverse SUVs for 2017.
Equinox sales are up 8 percent and Traverse had its best month ever, with retail sales up 24 percent in the month of July as compact and midsize SUVs continue to be hot segments. Chevrolet retail crossover sales were up 20 percent in July for the best July ever.
The Equinox Midnight and Sport Editions and Traverse Graphite Edition join the Trax Midnight Edition and a growing portfolio of Chevrolet special edition vehicles.
They have proven popular with customers, with special edition Chevy trucks selling up to three times faster than the average truck and to younger, more affluent buyers.
The 2017 Equinox Midnight Edition is offered in Mosaic Black Metallic, while the Sport Edition is offered in Summit White. Both are offered on the LT model and require the available Convenience Package. Content for both includes:
- Black grille and Chevrolet bowties
- Black 18-inch aluminum wheels
- Jet-black perforated leather-appointed seats, giving customers the opportunity to have leather on an LT model
- Memory settings for the driver’s seat and exterior mirrors
- Black mirror caps and roof rack crossbars
The 2017 Traverse Graphite Edition is available exclusively on the 2LT model and its features include:
- Mosaic Black Metallic, Tungsten Metallic, Siren Red Tintcoat and Iridescent Pearl Tricoat exterior colors
- 20-inch Dark Charcoal wheels
- Dual exhaust
- Black Chevrolet bowties
- Integrated Assist Step
“Special Editions resonate with buyers, offering a unique package with unique looks,” said Betsy Flegg, senior manager, Chevrolet SUVs. “We’ve already seen a strong interest with the Trax Midnight Edition when we announced production last December. We anticipate customers will strongly like the looks of the new Equinox Midnight and Sport Editions and Traverse Graphite Edition.”“Special Editions give consumers an opportunity to buy something outside of the mainstream trim designation,” said Karl Brauer, senior director, automotive industry insights, Kelly Blue Book. “This lets them spend a little more for a unique model, one that often provides a higher resale value when it’s time to sell or trade the vehicle for their next purchase.”
Currently on sale at Ron Westphal Chevrolet
About the Equinox
The 2017 model features styling with premium accents, wheel designs and available safety features, as well as a large available color touchscreen radio and a standard rear-vision camera for entry-level models.
- About the Traverse
The perfect crossover SUV for those looking for a roomy interior, available advanced safety features and a comfortable ride, the 2017 Chevrolet Traverse has added available connectivity to its long list of attributes. Traverse provides class-leading interior space and flexible seating for up to eight adults. It also boasts more cargo-carrying capacity than any other vehicle in its segment.
- Chevy Special Edition SUVs
- Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world’s largest car brands, doing business in more than 115 countries and selling more than 4.0 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature engaging performance, design that makes the heart beat, passive and active safety features and easy-to-use technology, all at a value. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.westphalchevy.com